Physical appearance Edit
Molly is a nauseatingly adorable and unbearably beautiful 6 year old, yellow-furred, anthropomorphic female pink-nosed bear cub. She has blue ribbons tied into bows around her ears (giving her the look of pigtails), a pink short-sleeved polo shirt, frilly white diaper-like panties and lavender overalls.
In addition to her cuteness and beauty, Molly is an adventurous little tomboy who even at six years old, is not afraid to speak her mind just like her mother; sometimes she pretends she is "Danger Woman" (the action/adventure heroine of a popular kids radio program) while seeking adventure along with Kit and Baloo.
Since she is her mother, they are close, though there are times when this falters like in "Mommy for a Day" when Rebecca was so engulfed in work she began neglecting Molly, who didn't take it well. At times Molly was shown to be much sharper than Rebecca like in "Molly Coddled" when Rebecca started dating Covington, Molly was hostile toward him, and while Rebecca probably thought she was just jealous or mischievous, Molly was actually aware there was more to Covington than meets the eye.
They seem to have a father-daughter relationship, given that Molly's real father is gone. Whenever she tags along on his runs, Baloo tends to freak out for her safety, but she proves her worth to him in the end. At least once did Baloo get angry at Molly: this was in "Flight of the Snow Duck" when Baloo was so fed up with Molly depending on a fictional-character to come to their rescue in a Thembrian-jail he yelled at her to let it go, only to regret it when she was upset (and even Wildcat was disgusted at Baloo), but they reconciled in the end.
They seem to have a brother-sister relationship, given that Molly appears to be an only child while Kit's biological relatives are a complete mystery. Like a big brother Kit does care about Molly greatly, like in "It Came from Beneath the Sea Duck" when the Giant Squid threw her into the air, Kit dove out of the Sea Duck to save her, and like Baloo Kit tends to freak out whenever Molly stows away on the plane during a cargo-run. While close Molly does tend to annoy Kit with her spunkiness, which was seen in the same episode, but to date there hasn't been any indication of them getting into a fight or even be mad at each other.
The two are like best friends, most notably in "Flight of the Snow Duck" when they stowed away with Baloo to Thembria so Wildcat could show Molly the snow and later play in it (though the latter got them in prison), and when Baloo yelled at Molly about there being no such thing as the Snow Duck and Molly cried, Wildcat was actually appalled from it and even berated Baloo, showing how much he cares about her.
- Her middle name, "Elizabeth", is revealed in "Mommy for a Day" and she is the only character to have any middle name revealed.
- Rebecca nicknames her "Pumpkin".
- Molly has a thing for her favourite ice cream brand, "Frosty Pep".
- Molly Cunningham never met Oscar Vandersnoot (from TaleSpin episode: "Captain Outrageous"), but they have the same age of 6, & the same height, however.
- No mention was ever made of Molly's father, as series creator Jymn Magon reportedly said that Rebecca is either a widow or divorced, although at a 1998 U.S. fan convention Q&A online chat he did state in roundabout tones that she is actually divorced as originally written in the first TaleSpin press release.
- However this would clash with the comic The Long Flight Home which, although more centered toward Kit's past, states that her father died.
- It is never shown if she goes to school or not.
- She likes to cross the street by herself.