Don Karnage (voiced by Jim Cummings) is the leader of the dreaded Air Pirates and commander of the massive airship the Iron Vulture. He is usually a major antagonist in the series. He is an indeterminate breed of canine with a spanish accent. A skilled pilot and ruthlessly cunning with an oversized ego that makes him blunder with whatever scheme or raid he conducts with his brigands, he speaks with "t" and "d" as dental consonants rather than normal English Alveolar consonants. When dog-fighting (no pun intended) he flies a hybrid that appears to be based on a low-flying monoplane but with wings added so that it is actually a triplane. Voice actor Jim Cummings has cited Desi Arnaz's character Ricky Ricardo as an inspiration. And yet, Don Karnage appears to have a soft side as in the episode "Stuck On You" as well. He cannot bring himself to crucify a helpless Baloo.
He wears a blue captain's coat with red and gold accents, light blue pants, and black boots. He carries a sword (presumably a cutlass) alongside him.
- Don Karnage is the only animal in the entire TaleSpin series to wear footwear, while all the other animals in the show go barefoot.
- Fans debated Karnage's species for years until an online interview with Len Smith confirmed that Don Karnage is, in fact, a wolf.
- Don Karnage was originally going to be named "Anthrax" but the name had to be changed because of a heavy metal band of the same name.
- He often calls himself "The Dread Pirate Don Karnage" as a nod to the Dread Pirate Roberts from The Princess Bride.
- As a matter of fact, "The Dread Pirate" was initially going to be his title, and Jymn Magon says he was partially inspired by the Dread Pirate Roberts when creating Karnage.
- Don Karnage appears in the 2017 DuckTales voiced by Jaime Camil in the 20th episode, Sky Pirates ... in the Sky!
- In the Disney comic Rise of The Pillager Queen, it is revealed his deceased uncle was also an Air Pirate, suggesting he had a pirate upbringing.
- Don Karnage appears in Raw Toonage episode two to teach the audience how to find buried treasure.