Don Karnage is the leader of the dreaded Air Pirates and commander of the massive airship the Iron Vulture. He is usually a major antagonist in the series. He is an indeterminate breed of canine with a spanish accent. A skilled pilot and ruthlessly cunning with an oversized ego that makes him blunder with whatever scheme or raid he conducts with his brigands, he speaks with "t" and "d" as dental consonants rather than normal English Alveolar consonants. When dog-fighting (no pun intended) he flies a hybrid that appears to be based on a low-flying monoplane but with wings added so that it is actually a triplane. Voice actor Jim Cummings has cited Desi Arnaz's character Ricky Ricardo as an inspiration. And yet, Don Karnage appears to have a soft side as in the episode "Stuck On You" as well. He cannot bring himself to crucify a helpless Baloo.
He wears a blue captain's military uniform with red and gold accents, light blue pants, & black boots. He carries a sword (presumably a cutlass) alongside him.
- Don Karnage is one of the few animals in the entire TaleSpin series to wear footwear, while most of the other animals in the show go barefoot.
- Fans debated Karnage's species for years until an online interview with Len Smith confirmed that Don Karnage is, in fact, a wolf.
- Don Karnage was originally going to be named "Anthrax" but the name had to be changed because of a heavy metal band of the same name.
- He often calls himself "The Dread Pirate Don Karnage" as a nod to the Dread Pirate Roberts from The Princess Bride.
- As a matter of fact, "The Dread Pirate" was initially going to be his title, and Jymn Magon says he was partially inspired by the Dread Pirate Roberts when creating Karnage.
- Don Karnage appears in the 2017 DuckTales voiced by Jaime Camil in the episodes Sky Pirates ... in the Sky!, GlomTales!, The Lost Cargo of Kit Cloudkicker! and The Last Adventure!
- In the Disney comic Rise of The Pillager Queen, it is revealed his deceased uncle was also an Air Pirate, suggesting he had a pirate upbringing.
- Don Karnage appears in Raw Toonage episode two to teach the audience how to find buried treasure.
- Don Karnage's accent is very bizarre and can best be described as a combination of Spanish, French and Italian.
- His last name is a modified form of the word "carnage", with the letter "k" in lieu of the "c" and pronounced with a flair on the last syllable, like a French person would.
Click here to view this page's gallery.